For incoming freshmen

You will apply for admission as a freshman student if you:

  • Have graduated or will graduate from high school or receive a GED, and
  • Have not enrolled in another institution after graduating from high school or earning a GED.

Already enrolled at another institution and want to transfer?
If you enrolled at another institution after graduating from high school and have earned 1-23 transferable college credit hours, please see our section for transferring freshmen applicants. Undergraduates with *24+ credit hours are encouraged to apply as transfer students.


Things to keep in mind
If you are interested in receiving financial aid and scholarships, or would like to live on campus, note that these require a separate application process.

We know that students who reside on-campus their first year are more engaged and more successful.  For this reason, all full-time, first year undergraduate students, under 21 years of age, and who have a permanent address outside of the Coastal Bend five county area are required to live on-campus for two long (fall/spring) semesters. For more information about on-campus housing options and this residency requirement, refer to the Islander Housing Website.

How to apply
Students studying