1) Guaranteed Transition Successful completion of the VIP program by a student guarantees a change of curriculum to a degree granting major at TAMU-CC but does NOT guarantee that student a change of curriculum to a particular college or major.
2) Intended Major Students admitted into the VIP program must identify an intended degree program at TAMU-CC prior to registration for their first academic term in VIP.
3) Grade and Credit Requirements The grade point average (GPA) for each VIP student will be calculated separately at each institution using the methodology and course work of the respective institution. VIP participants will be encouraged to complete the Associates Degree at Del Mar College prior to transferring to TAMU-CC.
4) Early Transition Opportunity After completion of two or more semesters in the VIP program, a student may apply to a degree granting major via the TAMU-CC Change of Major Form if the student has: maintained a minimum 2.5 GPA at both institutions, achieved the minimum TAMU-CC GPA required by the major, and completed all other entry requirements for the major.
5) Reverse Transfer of Credits A student in the VIP program shall be permitted to transfer course credits from TAMU-CC to Del Mar College in accordance with the policies of Del Mar College. The use and application of these credits at Del Mar College shall be determined by the student’s Associate Degree program.
6) Fees A student in the VIP program will be required to participate in, and pay any fees associated with, orientation programs at TAMU-CC and Del Mar College before beginning the program. A VIP student will pay applicable fees and tuition to each institution and must meet the respective payment deadlines for all applicable fees and tuition payable to each institution.
7) Texas Success Initiative Del Mar College will be responsible for assuring a VIP student’s compliance with Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements and will provide remediation for any VIP student needing such additional course work.
8) Enrollment Requirements A VIP student must meet the following enrollment requirements:
9) Student Records A VIP student’s academic records will be maintained and kept current at both institutions with appropriate periodic exchange of information between the two institutions as allowed under the law through the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). To facilitate the transfer of student records and the appropriate application of course work toward the fulfillment of degree requirements, a VIP student understands that institutions will exchange academic records.
10) Rule Compliance and Removal from Program A VIP student is expected to be knowledgeable about the TAMU-CC Student Rules and the Del Mar College Student Rules and shall agree to comply with said rules.